Sunday, February 19, 2012

Stuffed French Toast

I've been craving french toast, lately. This morning I decided I had been craving it long enough, so before church I started the dough for some whole wheat french bread. Hours later, I discovered that I wasn't crazy about the recipe. It had been my first attempt at making french bread and, a common issue I face when I'm making artisan bread with wheat flour, my loaves didn't grow as much as I wanted them to. They tasted fine, but I wasn't sure how satisfying the slices would be as french toast.

Then I got to thinking. What if I stuffed my french toast?

After a few minutes of internet searching, I had gathered enough information to just wing it. I had some left over cream cheese that I mixed with a dash of cinnamon; I spread the cheese on half of the slices I had, sandwiching them with the other half; I dipped each side into my 2 egg, 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk, dash of cinnamon mix, and then placed each serving in my George Foreman panini press. Five minutes later, they were done. I drizzled a bit of maple flavored agave nectar over the top and discovered that my stuffed french toast was the best idea I have had all day. The sweet nectar with the flavored bread paired with the unsweetened cream cheese was delicious. I bet when I find a french bread recipe that I love, it'll turn out even better. But for now, I'm content.

Craving satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

the scratch kitchen Copyright The Scratch Kitchen 2012