Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quinoa Fritters

I love it when I take a bite of something that I've just made and my first thought is, "Mmmm," and my second thought is, "My mom would love this."


My mother and I have a special appreciation for quinoa. I remember when she first introduced it to me--I was in high school and she had made these quinoa burgers that were to die for. Or at least I thought so. (My younger brother hates quinoa; I believe the last time I mentioned I was cooking some and I had invited him over, he assured me that if I gave him any he would throw it in my face...) Now that I'm on my own and a vegetarian and constantly trying out new recipes, every time I spot a recipe that calls for quinoa, I stop and investigate. And every time I make something with quinoa that tastes delicious, I have to tell my mom.

She'll definitely be hearing about these fritters! I found the recipe HERE. I made a few changes, though; instead of feta cheese (which I really don't like) I used gouda (which I really love!) but I bet these would be great with goat cheese, as well. And in the end, they were a little too salty for me (I'd probably be fine with 1/2 teaspoon of salt) but the sauce helped even things out a bit. I'll definitely be keeping this recipe--and if you're a fan of quinoa, I suggest you give it a shot!




That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I just finished making these! They are sooooo good. This is defiantly a keeper in my recipe box! I think I could eat one of these every day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 

the scratch kitchen Copyright The Scratch Kitchen 2012