Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello Joe.

Tonight for dinner, I made the tastiest, most wonderfully sloppy, sloppy joe. *Swoon*

He was handsome, spicy, flavorful and filling. He kept me wondering what the next bite would bring, and had me begging for more.

Maybe that's a little dramatic, but tonight I learned that I make one heck of a good vegan sloppy joe. My joe consists of tempeh, mushrooms, onions, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper all piled onto a whole wheat bun.



Really, this is as close as I can get without settling for something like fake meat crumbles (which I have sort of grown to despise).  If you have an appetite for sloppy joes, please give this recipe a whirl and let me know how it turns out!

I'm off to have seconds!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

the scratch kitchen Copyright The Scratch Kitchen 2012